The Council is responsible for:
- Ensuring the parish gets its fair share of investment and support from Shropshire Council
- Undertaking and supporting a range of parish improvements
- Working with community providers to improve parish service delivery
- Representing parishioners in all local government issues and consultations
- Supporting the Social Centre, playing field and other parish facilities
- Stimulating new parish facilities and services
- Scrutinising all planning applications in the parish
- Helping parishioners address local issues and concerns.
With nine members receiving no allowances and a paid part-time clerk, the Council keeps its annual precept from the Council Tax as low as possible.
The Council transacts its business in regular meetings, open to all, in the community hall – usually on the second Wednesday of each month. For dates of meetings go to our Meetings page.
While only members and invited guests are entitled to be involved in debates, a special item near the beginning of each meeting’s agenda allows parishioners to discuss particular issues or concerns.
The agendas and minutes of all meetings are published on the Parish Council noticeboards and on the WhixallWeb.
All minutes and reports are available on-line, and information stored is available to the public under the Freedom of Information Act.
|David Astbury||01948 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sim Beer||01948 email@example.com|
|Joan Demet||01948 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Edgerton (Chair)||01948 email@example.com|
|Jill Jarrett||01948 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jennifer Spenser||01948 email@example.com|
|Dave Evans||01948 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jeremy Phillips||01948 email@example.com|
|Di McNeish||01948 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Katie Hatton||01948 880851||clerk.whixallPC@hotmail.com|
|Chris Mellings||01939 email@example.com|
|Pauline Dee||01939 233037||Pauline.Dee@shropshire.gov.uk|